Friday, July 8, 2011

Sidewalk Sale, Workshops, and Makeovers!

Hello All!!

Sorry for my absence. I have been crazy busy with all sorts of things! As you can see, I have started revamping my blog to be much prettier and I am SO excited! I still have some work to do, but we're getting there.

Last weekend I participated in a sidewalk sale at Old Glory in Riverside, CA. I also sell some of my paints here, and we are planning a workshop soon - I will post about that soon.  Old Glory is a super cute shop that has tons of charm and a HUGE selection. From shabby chic to primitive, and fine antiques to old toys, there truly is something for everyone.



Anyway, I didn't have much, but it was a lot of fun and I sold some great things. My hunny is just happy that I got some of my "junk" out of the house finally. I tell him they are treasures, but he just doesn't understand. Its ok, I still force him to participate!
 This sweet Duck Egg bookshelf is still available! Leave a comment for more information!
 After the dress sold, it was time to rearrange! My next post will be on the makeover of the dark wood mirror below.
 Annie Sloan Chalk Paint display. I will be contacting everyone who signed up for workshop information soon!

 Most of the frames sold! A simple, easy project with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!


I just realized that I forgot to take a picture of 2 adorable mirrors that I did. They sold SO fast and the gal that bought them was super excited and in a hurry, so I didn't snap a picture. I worked on the Duck Egg blue bookshelf while I was out there in the 230 degree weather. It was not enjoyable, but the paint dried incredibly fast!

I also painted this gorgeous dresser. I asked Sherrie, the wonderful (lucky) owner of Old Glory to start painting so that she could get a feel for how great the coverage is. We were able to use just one coat of, you guessed it, Duck Egg. Can you tell I have a favorite color?



 I finished it up, sanded a bit and put a nice coat of clear wax. I buffed and replaced the hardware and WA-LA! I was tempted to buy her, but unless I buy another home, I don't have any room for furniture.
 She has a broken knob, so a little glue and she will be ready to go to her new home. If you are interested in this piece, it is located at Old Glory in Riverside. Make sure to tell them I sent you!

My first workshop is coming up and there are still spaces open! It is on July 13th from 1-5pm at Mission Galleria in Downtown Riverside. I will be teaching 4 Annie Sloan Chalk Paint techniques. If you are new to painting or even a pro, you will LOVE the techniques and the paint. It is simple enough for a beginner and fancy enough for a seasoned painter. Feel free to visit Mission Galleria to sign up, or you can contact me through the blog and we will get you signed up!

Until next time folks…

Andrea

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the dresser! If I lived closer, I would snatch it up. I am interested in taking one of your painting classes. Just started using the Annie Sloan chalk paint but would like to get some ideas on how to use it. I live in MN but have family in your area. I work for an airline here in MN and have free travel benefits so getting to you would not be a problem. Do you offer anything on the weekends? Looking forward to reading more on your post.
    Lorrie
    Prior Lake, MN

    ReplyDelete